Samstag, 29. Januar 2011

How American diplomatic agents consider German politicians, Part I: Westerwelle


This short entry indicates how the American embassy looks at the relationship between America and Germany. In order to illustrate this relationship, I list up the most important

German politicians so that you can get an impression about this different correlation.

At first, I start introducing our foreign minister Guido Westerwelle (49). It becomes obvious that the American embassy mainly criticize German politicians. After having introduced these different political actors, I attempt to analyse this relationship between the two countries.

Here are the main aspects how the Americans consider Germany’s foreign minister:

Our gay minister is considered as an inexperienced “wild card” with an “exuberant personality.” He is described as uninspired and arrogant, mainly focussed on achieving a good reputation. The American embassy also has doubts concerning his abilities to lead his country in foreign issues and characterize him as a person who has a weird humour. Another important aspect is that Westerwelle seems to be a close ally to the US, but he defends German interests in a very aggressive way so that the Americans bash his excitability.


See further details:

http://www.queerty.com/u-s-believed-german-foreign-minister-guido-westerwelle-is-a-wild-card-who-cant-be-trusted-20101130/

http://www.spiegel.de/spiegel/print/d-75376489.html

In my opinion, it is almost funny to see how the Americans consider our foreign minister. In order to get further information concerning the status and reputation of Westerwelle in the United States, I only found negative attitudes towards him, unfortunately no positive aspects which could improve his reputation in the United States. It becomes clear that the Americans do pull him to pieces. What a poor guy who pretends to be a good partner of the USA. But apparently, this relationship is absolutely not based on mutuality. Maybe Westerwelle manages to improve his relationship with the US.

Written by Leaker1

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen